For my birthday, I knew I had to write a blog. I couldn’t decide if I wanted it to be funny or serious, so I’ll be “boffum.” Last year’s birthday was absolutely atrocious, as I spent it by myself for the first time ever. As most of you have guessed, I’m quite the social girl. But I feel like God was pruning me and allowing me to really get to know myself. I spent A LOT of time to myself in Los Angeles. I would be so bored that I’d look forward to my weekly trips to Walmart and for the Jamaican cashier to ring up my wine in the self checkout line. Sad, very! But I made it through and for the better. I learned a lot about Monica and I’ll share it with you now.
1. Moving halfway across the country away from the majority of your loved ones can be depressing. Luckily, I’m a pretty strong woman and I made it work.
2. Make friends with your coworkers or you’re screwed. My coworkers got me through a heck of a lot of rough days. Shout out to PATH & The Center of Hollywood.
3. I’m a germaphobe and the amount of bleach I’ve inhaled over the last year is quite unbelievable. I’ve had to open windows and patio doors to keep from suffocating.
4. Roommates are the devil’s way of trying to slowly destroy your inner peace. I’m better off in my own space!
5. Everyone who offers to help you isn’t a good person. People have all types of motives. I learned the hard way.
6. Dating sucks in EVERY CITY!!!
7. I’m ready to settle down and start a family. I’m not getting any younger and I think my soulmate needs a better GPS.
8. Sometimes you have to get what you want to see that it’s not really what you need.
9. My family and friends are all wonderful people. They have helped me out emotionally and financially.
10. Peace is my goal in my new setting. I refuse to let ANYTHING stop that after what I’ve been through in the last few months. I deserve God’s peace over my life.