Recently, I have been enjoying life and realized that I needed to write a relevant blog. I was thinking heavily on what the topic would be. Then I remembered the conversation last night with a good friend. I was very honest about how I was slipping into a slump from March to June due to this whole pandemic. I also thought about how I did a short PowerPoint for my sorority sisters about coping skills. So I thought it would be best to tap into ways to cope during all of what is going on. From the country being in slow motion, to working from home, to the children being homeschooled, it has been a bit much. Then to top it off, we have a very critical election that will determine our fate going froward into the pandemic. It’s a whirlwind of events going on that we have never encountered and we need a manual or guide to stay sane. So, I came up with a few things to consider. Pull up a seat and take notes!
First we need to pinpoint the things that have been wearing us thin…
- Being in the house more than usual isn’t too fun unless you’re an introvert, and even then you want to have the option to go out.
- Many of us are seeing just how “active” our kids really are. Maybe the teacher wasn’t lying on little Katie or Johnny.
- Running errands has turned into you being a contestant in The Hunger Games. May the odds ever be in your favor. Germs everywhere!
- You want to hang out with your friends, but you suspect their every cough or clearing of the throat as being the Rona. I will body slam you bestie!
- Working from the house isn’t what we all thought it would be. For heaven’s sake, please learn how to mute your mic on these darn Zoom meetings.
- No vacations!!! I am in a fetal position after typing those two words.
So now that we have come up with a few things that we are all mostly dealing with, let’s come up with some solutions to stay sane:
- It may be hard, but try to focus on and work on some of your goals. Life hasn’t ended!
- Take care of your body, eat heathy, take vitamins, and wear the freakin’ mask over your mouth AND nose.
- Learn to say NO and stand by it. Don’t stress out with other people’s mess.
- Start a side hustle or get a new hobby. Learn something new.
- Cook your favorite things at home. Postmates, UberEats, and DoorDash are rich because of us. I promise it’s about $7 extra for the delivery.
- Check on your family and friends and tell them you love them. People are passing away from this virus.
- Get rid of things (and people) you don’t need. Downsize and prioritize!
- Limit your social media time because it will depress you. Folks are wild nowadays.
- Don’t drink too much because wine belly is a thing. (Goes to Google tummy tucks) Okay…settle down, don’t kill me!!!
- Please try to stay calm when you’re repeating that Math problem for the third time to your kids. (Rethinks…Maybe drinking isn’t so bad!)
- Don’t isolate yourself because depression will set in. FaceTime a friend to uplift your spirit.
- Please stay home if you feel sick. It’s not worth it to contaminate everybody else.
- Finish the degree honey, you owe it to yourself. Plus, you’ll probably get more money. Millionaire status!
- Get some fresh air…not every place is contaminated.
- Don’t let this pandemic limit your growth! You deserve the best!